Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Coffee and Adulthood

Despite the fact that I've been the United States' definition of an adult for over half a year now, I knew I wouldn't consider myself one until I did a specific something.

When I was younger, I told myself if I ever started drinking coffee, I'd know that I'd finally breached that milestone from childhood to adulthood. My logic behind this comes from my long childhood of watching both parents indulge in daily cups of (always black) coffee. A few times I'd inquire of my parents and those around me why on God's green Earth do you drink this putrid stuff? It tastes like tar. And the answer was always the same: It's good; you just have to acquire a taste for it. And one of those days I realized it must have just been another thing I would understand when I was an adult.

And here I am, sitting happily with a cup of black coffee beside my laptop.

Welcome to Adulthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment