Wednesday, October 10, 2012

"The Purple Midnight"

Last night I dreamed that the world was purple, and that I enjoyed it all the more. 
Last night I dreamed that the floor was floating, but that I wasn't and that I couldn't be.
Last night I dreamed that I knew for once and for that brief moment what it meant to be floating, to be floating in that purple haze of the world, so delicate yet so beyond me.
Beyond me and anything I'd ever been capable of.
Last night I dreamed that it was enough just to be, and to be with gravity.
The purple midnight suspended just beyond my reach,
there only to teach that I speak with utmost certainty
that I know who I am and what it means to travel deep.
Deep. Deep. Deep, it preached!
The purple midnight put me to sleep and in this dream
I knew what it meant to be, to really be in this world I see.
I saw that I dreamt that I knew what it meant to be oh so tragically misspent
in an unkempt world of color and creation and character.
Halt! That I must tell a tale of earth, wind, fire, water - so delicate all of it
that it might permit that the exorbitant mortal emotion might tear apart
the stark contrast of real and dream (color and purple) so that I cannot take the
time to speculate trance from reality before the haze may go away.
Last night I dreamed that the midnight touched my feet
and that I was glad for its sweet brevity.
To know from it that at some fateful moment I might float
in many colors - in color and creation and character and that I might
travel deeply when I can see it.
Deep. Deep. Deep, it said to me!
That I might carry upon my person travel to-morrow
and keep with me the secrets of travelling deeply.
Last night I dreamed that the world was purple, and that I enjoyed it all the more. 
Last night I dreamed that the floor was floating, but that I wasn't and that I couldn't be.
Last night I dreamed that I knew for once and for that brief moment what it meant to be floating, to be floating in that purple haze of the world, so delicate yet so beyond me.
Beyond me and anything I'd ever been capable of.
The purple midnight suspended just beyond my reach,
there only to teach that I speak with utmost certainty
that I know who I am and what it means to travel deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment