Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Ten Things I Know to be True

Decided to write this list after viewing Sarah Kay's TEDTalk: If I Should Have a Daughter. I mixed it with the exercise she gives the audience, which involves picking the very first truths to come to mind.

Ten things I know to be true:

1) I bought this laptop the summer before my junior year of high school.
2) I don't want to go to class in an hour.
3) I enjoy making my older brother smile simply by saying, "Don't smile!" in a funny voice.
4) Everyone needs to feel wanted.
5) I become very anxious when I look around a room and everyone is on their mobile phones.
6) I love it when a stranger strikes up a conversation with me.
7) I spend way too much time thinking about how others perceive me.
8) Cooking healthy foods makes me feel grounded.
9) I want a career that will make something better in the world, and I want to see that change before I die.
10) I can't wait to go back to America with new eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment