Wednesday, July 1, 2015

We Have Human Minds - Let's Use Them to Empathize

I've written about this and thought about it in a thousand different ways, but I feel again as though it should be reiterated, because the concept is so important for all to understand:

We are all DIFFERENT people, with SEPARATE minds, and individually UNIQUE experiences; as a result, no two people can look at the same thing or situation and think the same exact thoughts.

Obviously, I can't stress this point enough, because I feel so much that if each person truly believed this about everyone else, there would be no conflict, there would be no war, and there would be no prejudice.

At the root of all these points is empathy. Love thy neighbor. Whatever your religion, whatever your friends, teachers, or parents tell you: treat others as you would treat yourself.



Hopefully soon I will be able to move away from the preachiness on my blog, and back onto more creative things. But until then, I know I would not be true to myself if I didn't at every moment speak what I find most important.

No comments:

Post a Comment